Almost a week has passed since the end of our most recent gathering of Women Moving the Edge. I always find it hard to articulate what happened, but each time seems more magical than the last – and this time was no exception.
This time, there were a number of ‘novelties’ in the whole process that culminated in our gathering, as well as familiar patterns. In this post, I want to evoke the familiar recurring patterns, that seem somehow to be a core part of the identity of this emergent, subtle entity that is the Women Moving the Edge phenomenon.
- The urge to call – Familiar was the urge that arose in one woman to call a gathering, and the response from the core group to step up and sense with her into what wanted to happen.
- Process of inquiry – Familiar was the inquiry through a series of conference calls (10 in all, this time, starting in December 2010), gradually homing in on an articulation of the question that is calling us to gather, and the formulation of the invitation that would call in the particular constellation of women who finally showed up.
- Power of right timing – Familiar was the ease with which the logistics flowed, as we sensed into what was the right timing to act.
- Commingling of old and new – Familiar was the confluence of ‘veterans’ of previous gatherings and the fresh perspective of women who had never been with us before. The presence of women experienced in the process helps to hold the core essence of what the gatherings are, while the influx of new blood and fresh perspectives helps it expand and develop in complexity and richness.
- Eruptions of creativity – Familiar was the eruption of creativity and colour in our circle as our time together progressed.
- Blossoming into radiance – Familiar, too, was the blossoming into radiance that we witnessed as the women present stepped ever more into their vulnerability and unique power.
- Daughters – Familiar to me, too, was the presence of my 15-year-old daughter (who had already been with us at the 7th gathering, when she was only 13 years old) – although the issue of daughters, and whether or not they should be invited, was a source of unexpected turbulence, pain and catharsis during our preparatory process in the hosting/holding team.
In subsequent posts, I’ll be addressing the novelties that emerged during the unfolding of this latest gathering, and what I sense that they have to tell us about what is emerging on the Earth at this time.
- The power of our daughters
- Power of place
- Poetic responses from the world
- Widening the circle
- Invisible beings and other dimensions
- The presence of Ria’s book